Well hello again..
I can't help noticing the pleasant change in the weather, with beautiful blooms of camellia, magnolia and cherry trees on our streets.
Finally the time has come to shed too, shed what? Newly acquired body armour from feasting through the winter months maintained by virtual gym visits while feasting on M&S root vegetable crisps on my sofa watching homeland !!!!! No not that one...
My friends it is time to shed the winter coat ..drum roll!!
As finally the weather is warmer and probably totally engineered by the PFW team, all I can think of now is Karl Lagerfields showing for Chanel in Paris and hence Tweed.
As a vintage lover, Tweed or rather the classic Chanel Tweed jacket, cropped, full length, boxy, fitted, you name it always excites me.
A classic uber chic heritage piece that traditionally is a winter to spring transitional item in our wardrobes.
Allowing for safe non garish introduction of light pastel spring colour.
Even I am honest enough to admit that this look has sadly recently become quite dated particularly with the nouveau rich's interpretation of the look which surely as the devil must wear Chanel as well as prada would have died quite painfully from some of these offerings by now.
I have not shared any garish pictures today as would be unkind, however I will share today my rules for making a classic Boucle jacket work for you in 2017.
1. Everyone knows what a Chanel jacket looks like and have a fair idea of the cost.
You do not need to pile on your whole arsonary of Chanel at the same time .
The jacket is enough, maybe a nice cocktail ring or simple neck piece, just keep it understated.
2. Loose the big hair , puff or coiffure.
3. Go easy on the spray tan, these French women would have been skiing through winter hence would have a nice natural healthy tan....
4. Resist that urge to climb on your 140mm Louboutin, why not pair with a simple ballet pump or classic midi?Remember..less in this case is more.
5. Please leave your other huge investment piece at home, you know which one..Ms Kelly, Ms Birkin can stay and read up on world politics and feminism while you go out with your new friend Drew and pet Dionysus.
6. Buy Vintage, they are more classic and not driven by market pressures and trend, essentially avoid any with an avant garde take, none of that sporty McGuire business.
7. Only 3 people on earth can wear a full suit, and two of them are in heaven, leaving only one person . Except you are being paid to wear this , I would safely stick to just a jacket or perhaps a skirt SEPERATELY .
Oh one more exception, feel free to wear a suit if you are a Delvigne...
On a last note, they are only clothes after all, loose some inhibition, wear with your cut offs, leather pants,bretton tops with ballet pumps, get your high lo balance right as chic is back on.Who really wants to live in deconstructed clothes!!!!!
So here it is, my 7 rules for wearing Tweed jackets in 17.
Thank you for stopping by,
Images courtesy Pinterest except otherwise stated.
Follow us on instagram @Maison_Archives
All rights reserved.